Delta Kappa Delta sisters promoted the Pledge to Prevent child sexual abuse at the Boston Common as part of their service activity at their national conference in July 2022
Volunteers for Massachusetts Citizens for Children can choose to participate in a variety of ways to support the mission of the organization and the work of its programs. These include:
- Provide translation services for MassKids by translating SBS/AHT Prevention materials into other languages (currently English, Spanish and Portuguese are already available).
- Promoting and marketing MassKids pamphlets, products, and programs
- Assisting with website maintence and technical or administrative support
- Serving on the Board of Directors or as an ad hoc member of the Program Committee or the Income Development Committees
An Internship at Massachusetts Citizens for Children is flexible and offers current undergraduate or graduate students many opportunities to be creative and think outside the box in order to prevent child sexual abuse.
Current examples of internship projects include:
- Researching state laws on child sexual abuse prevention and generating a report outling next steps for our program development
- Developing a detailed plan to launch a program, including creative ideas for social media and possible celebrity connections